[Asterisk-Users] How do you deal with subprefixes with LCR?

Obelix asterisklists at adontendev.net
Wed Jan 18 04:13:17 MST 2006

Quoting Jean-Michel Hiver <jhiver at ykoz.net>:

I don't think there is any way around this problem.

This is more a question of the terms of the agreement between both parties as to
what happens if a particular number was matched by a prefix not listed in the
providers A-Z.

A provider must list all the prefixes for every charging zone and the rates
should be based only on their list of prefixes.

My personal view is that providers should apply some diligence and present as
detailed a list of prefixes as they can. I believe that on strict legal grounds
alone they are bound by the prices attached to the prefixes.

It can be problem when some users of your service find out that some numbers
such as premium numbers are undercharged and put as much traffic as they can
through your service until it is spotted.

In this case you would have done no wrong nor benefited from it, so why should
you bear the losses?

I think providers should be accountable for these problems.

The only solution to this is to obtain a more comprehensive list of prefixes
from other providers and interpolate the missing ones into your providers rate
card with comparable rates or disable your providers trunk on those prefixes.

You will suffer less abuse and if the provider jacks you up for the correct
rates, you would have been compensated somewhat.

If you have some problems implementing the solution I have described, contact me
off list

> Hi List,
>

> I am working on least cost routing code on the moment, and I am
> stumbling on a problem.

You should have stumbled on to this problem quite  a while ago. :)