[Asterisk-Users] OT: DCAP Certification

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:48:21 MST 2006

Bender,  in my specific case, getting the digium cards and a E1 to do
test here in Panama is very expensive..
the most complicated thing i can do with the money i have is to setup
a pair of x100p an do simple tests in my own house...

my main concerns so far are:
dimensioning, the forever battle in this mailing list. I guess that's
the 50%. Sometimes I see post on this list that say "i have a xyx
machine, how many SIP, etc,etc things can I do with it" and then
someone reponds with "34 connections"
how that person got that number? that's what i want to learn...maybe
in the bootcamp i may ask questions and hopefully get real world
answers.

the wiki offers no real help with dimensioning.

 and the other 50% is design of reliable very-very-low-cost solutions
with analog and digital PBXs. Price is a big issue here. and for other
more complex configs you must convince people why your * system is
better than the nortel or meridian or even better than an Avaya call
center solution.