[Asterisk-Users] How to find out if a new voicemail exists

Ben Higley pbx at itsngroup.com
Tue Jan 17 17:55:00 MST 2006

There is the application HasNewVoicemail
server1*CLI> show application hasnewvoicemail
server1*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'HasNewVoicemail' =-

[Synopsis]
Conditionally branches to priority + 101 with the right options set

[Description]
HasNewVoicemail(vmbox[/folder][@context][|varname[|options]])
Assumes folder 'INBOX' if folder is not specified. Optionally sets
<varname> to the number of messages
in that folder.
  The option string may contain zero of the following character:
        'j' -- jump to priority n+101, if there is new voicemail in folder
'folder' or INBOX
  This application sets the following channel variable upon completion:
        HASVMSTATUS             The result of the new voicemail check
returned as a text string as follows
                <# of messages in the folder, 0 for NONE>