[Asterisk-Users] Fritz card technology & German *

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Jan 17 14:41:44 MST 2006

On Tue, January 17, 2006 22:10, Camilo Gonzalez-Cortes said:
> The Fritz cards was not designed to run on asterisk whereas the following
> German ISDN cards (http://www.junghanns.net/en/quadBRI_produkt.html) was
> designed specially to run on this platform.
>
> The only problem with this vendor is the support...It is terrible. They
> never respond an e-mail

Almost any card with the cologne HFC-S chip will work with their drivers +
Florz patch, mISDN or vISDN.

In my epxerience vISDN gives the best EURO-ISDN support, but it is a very
young project, and still misses crucial stuff like echo cancelling...

It is moving at a high pace though, so keep an eye on it...

BriStuff is the most mature, but also still has bugs, and contrary to the
vISDN developer, they hardly ever respond to emails...

Whatever you choose, good luck!  :-)

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch