[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Fax part 2

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Tue Jan 17 14:36:16 MST 2006

Hello,

I've been trying to setup a Fax2Email mecanism on my Asterisk box.  I have
been using the following:

1) An incoming IAX line on Unlimitel (Im not even sure if it's worth
mentionning the provider, but I do just in case)
2) NVBackGroundDetect from Newman Telecom
3) The following extension to test:
		exten =>
fax,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk-fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
		exten => fax,2,rxfax(${FAXFILE})

4) A fax on a PSTN line to test the fax-to-file part of the system.

Now, the extensions are called when appropriate, and the system seems to
work...until the fax actually tries to send the image, and then I get a LINE
ERROR on the sending fax.  The actual error code goes something like this:
"COM.E-7"

In IAX.conf, I have configured it as disallow=all and allow=ulaw as
specified in the instructions I found on the following page
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+fax .

Where should I start looking to resolve this issue?

Mike