[Asterisk-Users] Voicebroadcasting with Asterisk?

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Tue Jan 17 14:33:28 MST 2006

	I  do it for A/R collections.

________________________________

	From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Collins
	Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:42 PM
	To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
	Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Voicebroadcasting with Asterisk?

	Hello!  I was curious to know if anyone out there had used
Asterisk for voice broadcasting.  We have a proprietary dialer that can
do it, and we are using Global Connect - www.gc1.com
<http://www.gc1.com/>  - for some voice broadcasting campaigns.  However
I'd like to see if I could use Asterisk, possibly with Vicidial or
gnuDialer, to do voice broadcasting.

	Essentially I'd have Asterisk make a call, and when the called
party answers, I would play a simple dialog:

	Hello.  Hola - para Espanol, oprima el numero cinqo.  We are
trying to reach <first name, last name>.  If you are this person, please
press 1...

	If the person presses 5 then I would play the same dialog in
Spanish.  If the person presses 1 then I would execute a transfer to my
NEC PBX, otherwise we play a basic message and hang up.

	Has anyone had any success (or failure) in doing something like
this with Asterisk?