[Asterisk-Users] Voicebroadcasting with Asterisk?

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Tue Jan 17 13:41:58 MST 2006

Hello!  I was curious to know if anyone out there had used Asterisk for
voice broadcasting.  We have a proprietary dialer that can do it, and we
are using Global Connect - www.gc1.com <http://www.gc1.com/>  - for some
voice broadcasting campaigns.  However I'd like to see if I could use
Asterisk, possibly with Vicidial or gnuDialer, to do voice broadcasting.

Essentially I'd have Asterisk make a call, and when the called party
answers, I would play a simple dialog:

Hello.  Hola - para Espanol, oprima el numero cinqo.  We are trying to
reach <first name, last name>.  If you are this person, please press
1...

If the person presses 5 then I would play the same dialog in Spanish.
If the person presses 1 then I would execute a transfer to my NEC PBX,
otherwise we play a basic message and hang up.

Has anyone had any success (or failure) in doing something like this
with Asterisk?