[Asterisk-Users] asterisk down because of cdr

burke at tailorhosting.com burke at tailorhosting.com
Tue Jan 17 13:28:44 MST 2006

Buffers don't have to be in memory. My suggestion on the solution would be
to buffer the CDR info into a backup file based database (configurable
filename/path) on the local filesystem (or NFS mounted system for
redundancy) and then when the SQL database connection is restored then it
spends a second dumping the buffered CDR info from the file into the
database and erases the file (or empties it).

This is would be a fairly solid buffering solution. Of course you better
get that SQL database back online ASAP or else there is the issue of
running on of diskspace on heavily used systems.

Just an idea, doesn't seem that hard but I know I don't have time to
implement it now.

Ryan