[Asterisk-Users] distorted native music on hold

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 10:07:27 MST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 16 2006 Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using asterisk-1.2.1 I am trying to convert my music-on-hold files from
> .wav to alaw:
>
> 	% sox moh.wav -r 8000 -c 1 moh.al resample -ql
>
> The file sounds fine when listened with:
>
> 	% sox mox.al -t ossdsp /dev/dsp
>
> But when listened through asterisk with an alaw SIP phone the sound is
> clicky and too fast.
>
> Did I forget something in my conversion command?

Are You using bristuff 0.3.0-PRE-1f? I've had the same issue. Dan Austin
wrote a notice in a mail on this list, which solved the problem.

Configure the following lines in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf:

[options]
silence_suppression=yes

The bristuff seems to include an additional patch, which isn't stable
enough.

HTH,
Karsten