[Asterisk-Users] Phone still rings while on a call

scott scott at mysecretworld.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 03:39:37 MST 2006

Hi All

I have some grandstream phones registered to my asterisk and all internal, external, voicemail services etc are working very well.

I am not sure that it is a problem more so an annoyance. If someone dials my extension number or external DDI while I am already in a call rather than skipping to the next priority in the dial plan for example voicemail the line continues to ring and while in a call I can hear the phone ringing in the ear peice. If my phone is off the hook the call does jump to the next priority in the dial plan.

Can anyone comment on this?

Many Thanks