[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy inaccuracy on linux-2.6

Tamas jalsot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:42:44 MST 2006

Steven Ringwald wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 22:30 +0100, Tamas wrote:
>
>> /var/log/dmesg:
>> CPU: L1 I Cache: 64K (64 bytes/line), D cache 64K (64 bytes/line)
>> CPU: L2 Cache: 512K (64 bytes/line)
>> mtrr: v2.0 (20020519)
>> CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ stepping 02
>> Using IO-APIC 2
>> ..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
>> works.
>>
> Hm. This looks like something here (above)

I still didn't find out why do I have such silly message. However many
other people has this, so I guess, this is not really an malfunction.
>> pcie_portdrv_probe->Dev[005d:10de] has invalid IRQ. Check vendor BIOS
>> assign_interrupt_mode Found MSI capability
>> Allocate Port Service[pcie00]
>>

>> Maybe this says somehting...

I revisited the BIOS settings and now it seems to be nicer ;) The
previouse silly messages still appears in logs...

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:   10698036    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:          8    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  8:   10898960    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 50:         57   IO-APIC-level  eth2, HFC PCI
217:      10302   IO-APIC-level  3w-xxxx
225:    1091888   IO-APIC-level  eth0
233:       5334   IO-APIC-level  eth1
NMI:      10772
LOC:   10696575
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

zttest still shows some crazy values.
Thanks to Tony Mountfield, I won't care much about :) I will test with
real usage (meetme, IAX2 trunk) how it is going in practice...

> Yeah. Also, what does your kernel config look like? Why did you roll
> your own kernel, rather than using the kernel 2.6.15 series that is in
> the updates-testing???

I tuned the kernel a bit (vanilla kernel without any external patch),
optimized it (removed tons of unneeded things which are in Ubuntu stock
kernel). Things seems to be fine, just that zttest. Tests will show if
zttest gives any usable information.
> The AMD64 box that I am using is running 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4, btw.
>
> Steve

Thanks for comments!

Regards,
    Tamas