[Asterisk-Users] CALLERIDNUM::3 do not working on 1.2.1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 17 07:21:08 MST 2006

Pisac wrote:

> But I'm dissapointed with all this minor & needless & problematic
> changes which needlessly spending my time. I will realy double rethink
> in the future about upgrading any tuned system to new Asterisk release.

It was _never_ documented that you could skip a numeric parameter for
the substring functionality and expect it to work properly. If it did,
you got lucky. When it stopped, you got unlucky.

This was not a 'needless & problematic' change, it was not a change at
all, for people who followed the documentation.