[Asterisk-Users] zaptel echo canceller preload patch

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Mon Jan 16 18:04:12 MST 2006

> As someone who doesn't appreciate what parts this effects, does this
> enhancement mean that after we :
>
> zt_ec_preload -d 1 <echo_data_chan_1
>
> that there would be no reason to use echotraining because this sets
the
> channel up ahead of time and only changes caused by the echocancel's
> live adjusting would make any changes to the echocanceling
> settings/affect?
>
> Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I would like to know what I
> need to setup to properly test it ;).

Preloading the ec is only going to be useful when you have echo
characteristics which are constant from call to call. Basically if the
bulk of the echo you are experiencing is occurring somewhere between
your FXO card and the exchange, then this should help. If it is
occurring somewhere beyond that, it will be different every time and so
it probably won't be useful to do any form of preloading.

James