[Asterisk-Users] uplink call quality issues

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Mon Jan 16 17:38:36 MST 2006

Hi,

Are you sure that this is an Asterisk problem?  Configure an IP phone,
ATA, or softphone to connect directly with the provider, and check the
quality.  If it's bad, use tools such as
http://www.testyourvoip.com/ and
http://www.pingplotter.com/ to troubleshoot.

If standalone phone works ok, compare with *.  Same codec?
Same packetization?  If not, adjust * to match.   If they're the same,
please provide info on your Internet connection upload speed, codec,
type of client phones, etc.

--Stewart