[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7940 firmware upgrade

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:01:13 MST 2006

I have been trying for sometime to upgrade this phone to either sip, or the
latest sccp (at this point I don't care) with no success.  It has an sccp
image (don't know the version off the top of my head) that is incompatible
with chan_sccp.  When I boot up the phone, it asks the tfpt server for the
.tlv file, then the SEP<mac> file which it receives successfully.  It then
asks for English_United_States/7960-font.xml which I don't have, nor can I
find a sample of this file.  If I send an empty file, the phone says
something like Invalid Glyph and then asks for
United_States/7960-tones.xml. Then
I begin an infinite loop.  If I don't have the empty 7960-font.xml, It asks
for it a few times, then loops.

I got this phone from ebay, so maybe that's why it's asking for 7960 files
when it's a 7940.  Or perhaps there is an error in my SEP<mac> file?  Here's
the contents of that file:

<device>
<devicePool>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>
<member priority="0">
<callManager>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
</ports>
<processNodeName>192.168.1.104</processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>
</devicePool>
<versionStamp>{May 18 2005 02:22:00}</versionStamp>
<loadInformation></loadInformation>
<userLocale>
<name>English_United_States</name>
<langCode>en</langCode>
</userLocale>
<networkLocale>United_States</networkLocale>
<idleTimeout>0</idleTimeout>
<authenticationURL></authenticationURL>
<directoryURL></directoryURL>
<idleURL></idleURL>