[Asterisk-Users] PHPAGI daemon/background task?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Jan 16 14:59:27 MST 2006

> Hum, i still have not a clear idea about where it gets stuck. Lets
see.

I may have glossed over this detail, I am using the php-asmanager.php
library/script.

> 1. Once a minut, check to see if any meetme conferences are active.
> This is done by connecting each minute to the manager, or it stays
> connected between each minute?
It stays connected.  Every five seconds I issue an empty command,
as it appeared that the Events were only delivered after a recent
command results.

> 2. It registers an event handler for MeetMeLeave.... it waits until
> the event arrives then? how do you wait? are you using socket_select()
> call to prevent you from calling socket_read() when nothing to read?
Good question.  The samples I found for php-asmanager seemed to indicate
that it handled triggering the handler when the registered event
arrived.
My code never calls the handler directly, but the function is launched
when I receive the registered event.

I can provide the code if that would help, but we might want to take
that part of the discussion of the list.

Dan