[Asterisk-Users] loading zaptel drivers automatically upon reboot

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Jan 16 13:03:11 MST 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 03:55:50PM -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> After install everything on the supposedly right place, my conclusion is
> that zaptel doesn't load wct1xxp module.

That's easy to test: before you restart zaptel, look at /proc/zaptel .
if /proc/zaptel exists, zaptel was loaded . if /proc/zaptel/1 exists and
reports those 24 channels, then wct1xxp has loaded and identified your
card.

Another possible reason: make sure that the zaptel init.d script runs
before the asterisk one. It needs to have a lower "start" number. Use
'chkconfig --list asterisk' and 'chkconfig --list zaptel' to verify
that.