[Asterisk-Users] making wakeup feature call phone number, not extension?

Roger Hanson roger at makarios.us
Mon Jan 16 12:36:46 MST 2006

How would one go about setting up the wakeup feature of Asterisk to NOT
call an extension, but to call a phone number?

My setup works great for wakeup on local extensions, but I'd like to set
it up to call external phone numbers automatically and play a specific
sound file (to remind people of upcoming hair stylist appointments).

I suppose either there'd have to be a web interface to use for this
(entering a time for the reminder - and a phone number to call) or
change the voice prompt to ask for a phone number to use, if not the
extension called from.

I'm sure it's doable - but I am now knowledgeable enough.  I searched
and didn't find any instructions on the web for something like this.

Thanks for any help...