[Asterisk-Users] asterisk down because of cdr

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Mon Jan 16 05:02:15 MST 2006

Hello,

After 2 weeks and 4 days without a problem, Asterisk went down.

What happened is that I am using Asterisk 1.2.1 on a machine and have a MySQL for CDR on another machine.
The machine with MySQL went down and the Asterisk box was unable to connect to MySQL. This made Asterisk to go down and it was unable to restart until MySQL was back.

I know that Asterisk displays a lot of warnings, but still works, when the cdr table is corrupt. But isn't it a strange behaviour to go down when MySQL is down?

Thank you
Dov