[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 and echo

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Sun Jan 15 01:50:10 MST 2006

See my other post.  I had the exact same problem on about 5 lines.

I got a tellabs ec a while back, and then a power supply but hadn't the
time to solder it up and get things going...I had just been forwarding
the inbound calls to voicepulse connect.

I finally did get it soldered and ready, and when I installed the new
hardware tellabs ec, echo was gone.  I must have spent 10-20 hours on
this problem, and the tellabs solved it in 5 minutes (once setting the
channel properties to FXO-LS & FXS-LS)

I think it cost something like $110 for the card, and $86 for the power
supply.  Then you need the time to do the soldering.

In my case, being far from the CO, I found no other solution than the
hardware EC.  You do need some soldering experience though, because you
don't want to lift pads off the board(something I had fun with dealing
with SMD's and such).

I can say though, that the resulting quality of the line is so decent, I
am highly considering using the POTS for outgoing instead of iax
connections to ITSP's (because I don't like latency).

It really is an impressive difference.

If you have 13 lines, I am surprised you are using a channel bank (if
they are pots lines).  Wouldn't it be more cost effective to use a T1
from your CO?

Ztmonitor or a good tool, but in my experience just not enough when you
are on a distant loop.  I went through milliwatt tests like crazy trying
to tweak gains, with little luck.

In the end, the $200 or so I spent on hardware was totally worth it...

If you are not interested in doing the soldering, you can probably find
someone on the list who can supply you with a working EC setup....

You're welcome to call me if you want to discuss what I went through...

Office: 1-914-591-2211
Mobile: 1-914-582-9110

Regards,
Greg