[Asterisk-Users] No "native bridge" on outbound SIP channels

Jonathan Feally vulture at netvulture.com
Sat Jan 14 23:18:13 MST 2006

I'm guessing that you have a similar entry in your sip.conf for the
7960?? The 7960 has a setting for preferred codec. It defaults to g711
U-Law. You might try changing this setting also as the 7960 doesn't know
that you only want to speak A-Law. You will also want to make sure that
the nat settings are disabled on both devices as they are on the same
network. nat=never is a better choice than nat=no. You might also check
your extensions.conf to verify that the calling from 1760 to 7960 is the
same as from 7960 to 1760. You could also try moving both devices to
using U-Law instead.

-Jon