[Asterisk-Users] I need feed back on how an Aastra VentureIP 4FXO

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Sat Jan 14 20:38:31 MST 2006

Thanks for the heads up - I didn't see anything that said it did work
with asterisk so I thought I better ask.

So if you where setting up a 6 - 8 telephone line system with 10 - 12
phones and trying to stay under $3000 for the system and phones what
would you suggest.  It sounds like if I can't do it for $3000 or under
we will just stay with our old - outdated - partially functional phone
system.

I can probably reuse a workstation machine. And use AAH to make install
and configuration easy.  But that leaves some device ( suggest one to
me) for
* 8 fxo ports -And **12 voip phones
* I think I'll just pass the fax/dsl line directly to the fax machine
and dsl modem since we don't use it for anything else anyways and that
means we don't have to worry about receiving faxes thru asterisk.
** I'd like to use the new Sipura 941's but may have to go with
grandstream 2000's because of cost.

We were supposed to have this done in November but cost issues have
pushed it back this far already - so I'm not sure when this will happen.

Cory Andrews wrote:
> The Aastra VentureIP system used a semi proprietary, non SIP
> protocol.  I do not think it would integrate with Asterisk very well.
>
> Cory J Andrews
> ++++++++++++
> VOIPSupply.com
> 454 Sonwil Drive
> Buffalo, NY 14225
> Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:04 PM
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] I need feed back on how an Aastra
> VentureIP 4FXO
>

>> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:22:51 -0600, Tim Litwiller wrote
>>> works with Asterisk.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking I'd need 2 to support 6-8 lines - Or suggest some other
>>> equipment that will provide up to 8 fxo ports and connect to asterisk.
>>>
>>> for future projects I'd also like something with 2 fxo ports and 4 -
>>> 5 fxs ports - I suppose a digium card would do fine for 2 fxo and