[Asterisk-Users] double ringing tone on asterisk 1.2

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Jan 14 20:03:49 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:

> Since there does not seem to be anyone else complaining about the same
> problem, there must be something in your config that is causing it.
> Without specific copy/paste samples of what you've configured, no one
> is going to be able to guess at what you are doing.
>
> Given the issue is happening with both PRI's and IAX links, I'd have to
> guess that you've got something wrong in extensions.conf.

Actually, I'm not complaining, but I've experienced a similar problem.
For me it only happens with IAX calls, and from there only IAX calls
with a particular ITSP.

But his description rings very true: there are two rings per time that
the far-end phone is ringing, and just like he said, one of them sounds
genuine and the other sounds like perhaps my provider is adding it to
the audio coming my way.

The dinger is that it doesn't happen on all calls; it's more or less
random, but frequent.

I don't mind it, though, so I'd never complained about it on the list.

FWIW.

B.