[Asterisk-Users] echo tail stats

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sat Jan 14 18:53:38 MST 2006

Kind of, I think the various ec algorithms train differently, but they
end up with a list of numbers which represent how much of the primary
sound to replay (inverted of course) and when, so in my case the ec
needs to take the current sample, and subtract the value of the sample
3.5ms ago to cancel out the echo.

The actual algorithm looks a bit like:
Sn = current sample
Sn-1, Sn-128 = previous samples
E1-E128 are the recorded coefficients

S0 = S0 + Sn-1 * E1 + Sn-2 * E2 + ... Sn-128 * E128

But anyone else feel free to step in to correct me!

Thanks

James