[Asterisk-Users] I need feed back on how an Aastra VentureIP 4FXO

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Sat Jan 14 16:04:34 MST 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:22:51 -0600, Tim Litwiller wrote
> works with Asterisk.
>
> I'm thinking I'd need 2 to support 6-8 lines - Or suggest some other
> equipment that will provide up to 8 fxo ports and connect to asterisk.
>
> for future projects I'd also like something with 2 fxo ports and 4 -
> 5 fxs ports - I suppose a digium card would do fine for 2 fxo and
> 2fxs and I could do a sipura 2002 for 2 more.

     I do not think that the Venture IP will work with Asterisk at all.  As
far as I know it is a self contained system.  The gateway unit will
autoconfigure the phones so they work together.  The firmware for the phones
is not the same as the one used for SIP and Asterisk.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología