[Asterisk-Users] loading zaptel drivers automatically upon reboot

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:50:56 MST 2006

Just installed Asterisk 1.2 on a brand new clean machine running
RedHat 9.0.  I have a TDM400 card inside.  When I boot, the card seems
dead.  When I do:

modprobe wctdm
modprobe Zaptel

the lights come on and all seems fine, until I reboot that is...

After a reboot I have to repeat the modprobe.

I shouldn't have to do a modprobe every re-boot should I?  How do you
get the drivers to load automatically?  I've looked everywhere!

- I  tried running ztcfg but it did nothing,
- I read a posting that spoke of editing rc.modules file, but I don't
seem to have that file,
- I tried removing everything that corresponds to zaptel, (including,
but not limited to
'ztcfg', 'tor2' and 'tormenta' devices) from /etc/modules.conf.  Again no luck

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hugh