[Asterisk-Users] Help: AMP default context messed up

Ben Ferguson ben at circlepix.com
Fri Jan 13 17:22:42 MST 2006

I believe my defualt context for Asterisk via AMP has become messed up.
I've only recently installed AMP and have been trying to get it totally
functional but have been having trouble.  I have zapata.conf sending to
context=default, but when I check in extensions_additional.conf, this is
what is in there for [default]:

[default]
include => default-custom
exten => 5555551212,1,goto(s,1)

That's it.  There is no exten => s,1 line in the [default] context...  I
also have searched extensions.conf, extensions_additional.conf,
extensions_custom.conf and cannot locate a [default-custom] context
anywhere, so why would it want to include it?  I haven't manually altered
any part of it (and even if so, I've stopped and restarted AMP only to have
it reload the same configuration from the database).  Originally, via AMP, I
was trying to get my inbound calls routed to a custom context in
extensions_custom.conf if they were from all numbers except one specific
number.  And if it was from that one specific number, I wanted inbound calls
to be routed through my "Incoming Calls" settings.  I tried to set that up
via "Inbound Routing" and never had any luck.

After looking back and forth at extensions.conf and
extensions_additional.conf, it would seem that the inbound routing should
possibly start at the context [from-pstn] (found in extensions.conf) rather
than [default], but I cannot quite tell if that is correct.  But if so, why
is there a [default] context in extension_additional.conf, that seems to go
nowhere?

I've reinstalled amportal to see if i could just start over, but that only
rewrites the conf files, it doesn't clear the database, so as soon as AMP is
opened it wants me to apply changes, which, if done, rewrites the conf files
exactly as they were before I reinstalled amportal.  Perhaps wiping the
database out and starting over would be best?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben F