[Asterisk-Users] RE: RE: RE: Spandsp

Ben Higley pbx at itsngroup.com
Fri Jan 13 07:54:06 MST 2006

Download hylafax, and iaxmodem. Set up a "friend" extension as iax, and
let it rip... it's a slam dunk.

I have then installed Cyhpeus on my windows desktop and can fax out, and
receive and all that. It's not dependent on app_txfax, at all...

if a fax is detected it will go to the fax extension, i just then have it
go to my macro-faxreceive, and in there it dials my iax2 extension of my
iaxmodem process and walla. it's received.. I haven't had one problem with
it ..

it took about 15 mins to install hylafax and iaxmodem.

There is new release of hylafax, becuase of a problem in the notify
script. It works great...

When you are configuring your iaxmodem friend, disallow all, allow ulaw,
allow slin

hope this helps...

The only thing that took time, was cypheus.. and getting ghostscript
downloaded and installed, and rebooted, then cypheus found ghostscript and
wlla..
install a printer driver and your golden.

have a good day.