[Asterisk-Users] MTU and Voice Delay (latency??)

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Thu Jan 12 20:05:50 MST 2006

> Geoff Manning wrote:
> > Rich Adamson wrote:
> >
> >> What happens if you set the 3com AND Speedtouch to "full duplex"?
> >>

> > Setting both to Full Duplex (10 or 100) shuts the port on the 3COM
> switch
> > down!
>
> Sounds like you're getting closer to the root cause. Now try using a
> different switch to see if the issue follows the switch or the
Speedtouch.

The 'Speedtouch' modem isn't made by Alcatel is it? I remember a while
back an issue with a certain Alcatel modem where it would just freak out
under certain circumstances if you tried to send large (eg >1000 bytes
from memory) packets at it. Only when connected to certain hardware
though (netgear?) It could be worked around by placing a switch between
the two devices.

Google doesn't tell me anything useful about the 'Speedtouch 610' though
so this probably isn't your problem.

James