[Asterisk-Users] Server Specification

William Boehlke william.boehlke at signate.com
Thu Jan 12 15:10:25 MST 2006

300 calls depends on your mix of work.

If you are just switching calls and have hardware echo cancellation you can
put 300 calls across a fast server with adequate RAM. With that much
traffic, we would use two servers so you can fail gracefully when one of
them goes down.

If you're transcoding, conferencing, doing echo cancellation in software,
and other kinds of work, your throughput is going to depend on the mix.
There is no algorithm that we've found because there are too many variables.
For 300 calls with failover, we would normally use three servers.