[Asterisk-Users] interfacing w/ a legacy InterTel PBX

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:56:48 MST 2006

Greetings all -

I'm interested in using an asterisk box to supplement and add VoIP
capabilities to our legacy InterTel Axxess PBX.  After searching
through the list archives and through google, it seems that the best
way to go about this is to connect the two systems via a T1.  Is this
correct?  The PBX currently doesn't have any VoIP capabilities, so
that's not an option for connecting the two systems.

I can put another T1/PRI card into the PBX and a Digium TE110P in the
Asterisk server.  My understanding is that this would give me 23
concurrent conversations between the servers.  One question I have is
that since I'm using a PRI, will CID information be able to flow
through the two systems?

Thanks!
-Erik Anderson