[Asterisk-Users] Using an extension to send a linux command

Kaleb L. Kunzler kunzlerklan.catchall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:43:07 MST 2006

 I am a newbie to asterisk and am trying to send a linux command using
extensions in asterisk, for example when I dial 1111 I want to run the linux
command "/usr/local/bin/br -c -n 1" (obviously without the quotes).   If I
SSH into my asterisk box and enter that command, it works, however I can't
seem to get it to work from asterisk.  I am running Asterisk at home2.2 (I
know, I am a sucker for a GUI).  Below is what I have in my dialplan.
Watching the CLI output it seems to be running the priorities correctly, and
even "assumedly" sending the command, however the script (br) never is
actually executed.  Any ideas? (no I don't want to convert the script into
an agi or php yet, I like it as it is)

exten => 1111,1,Goto(custom-command,s,1)

[custom-command]
exten => s,1,System(/usr/local/bin/br -c C -n 1)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

Kaleb L. Kunzler