[Asterisk-Users] Catv ATA problem

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Jan 12 03:41:37 MST 2006

The Cable TV company has given me a two line ATA/Modem device made by
Arris. I figured on taking the FXS ports on it and connecting them to my
channel bank as additional lines. When I tested the lines with an analog
phone the line worked great, very clear and loud. When I connected to
the channel bank, the calls were great until they terminated after about
30 seconds. A few more tries confirmed it was random, sometimes it hung
up right away, sometimes after a few seconds. Any ideas why? The Channel
bank was set to FXO_LS in it's configuration, and they confirmed the
port is loopstart.
Any help appreciated.

--
Chris Mason