[Asterisk-Users] Nested MySQL Commands

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 03:28:51 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang ha scritto:

>So I really wish there was some way to measure how well the worst case scenario would perform. This would be 120 simultaneous calls (don't know how many per second) on a Dual 3.8Ghz Dell PowerEdge 1850 with 2GB RAM. Asterisk would call an AGI script, written in perl, to route all calls. The script would have to perform multiple database queries in order to route a call.

It will work if you need no transcoding, I tested a python agi doing
something like 6 query to accept / instradate the call and it works for
150 / 200 simultaneous calls, the machine starts sweating of course, but
the voice quality is still good, no drops.
Mine is just a quick prototype, using fastagi or writing the agi in C is
surely the way to go, imho fastagi will let you have a more configurable
/ customizable system since you can write the application in a object
oriented language.