[Asterisk-Users] Getting Yoda unit to register all four ports

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Thu Jan 12 01:23:42 MST 2006

Hi Kevin,

Now that makes perfect sense! Good call.
I never got around to checking but the last time I worked with one of
their tech help, he had an accel.com.tw email addy.
No wonder the firmware commands were surprisingly familiar.
As you probably know by now, they have never used *.
The tech first tried to run * in their lab and failing that, later
decided to remotely test around my unit.

The units I bought were all originally H.323 before I switched to *
I got the latest SIP firmware from Yoda and upgraded them myself.

If you need help, let me know. I can re-enable my tftp server in Asia
for you to use.

The image file is it4mcs330.imz

Console>show version

Internet Telephony Gateway Version: gs020200140ena_0406mc
Boot Loader Version: 4.13
RTOS Version:        2.5.0/BE
SIP Stack Version:   3.0.4.1
DSP image Version:   8.1.2.1.
TSG Version:         R8.0 Gateway (Build 4)
Console>

Did you follow these same steps?
Welcome to minicom 2.1

Compiled on Oct 27 2004, 16:57:58.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

  Incorrect
password

Password?
********************************

  Incorrect password

Password? *******
Console>config erase

The system configuration data will be erased from non-volatile storage
permanently.

Are you sure to erase it (y/n)? [n] y
System configuration records erased from flash
Console>download

==============================  WARNING  ==============================
* Entering download mode will hang up all telephone connections       *
* and all the configuration settings will lose.                       *
* Be certain all the configuration settings have been saved.          *

Do you want to enter download mode now (y/n)? [n] y

Boot loader V4.13
Mem 16b 16M
**  Internet Telephony Gateway TFTP Loader Ver 5.00  **
EITGLoader>start

Allocated 0x730200 bytes = 7360 KB for downloading files

IP address of the TFTP server? [24.199.11.42]
File name? it4mcs330.imz

Starting download file: it4mcs330.imz
   728K bytes read
Download complete, file size = 751636
Application code downloaded successfully
Do you want to write downloaded image to flash EEPROM (y/n)?  [y]
Press <Enter> to start flash EEPROM programming
Flash EPROM programming on-going, BE CERTAIN NOT TO TURN POWER OFF...
Programming Application code
Sector 12 of 12 programmed

Flash programming completed
All sectors programmed successfully
Download another file (y/n)?  [n]
EITGLoader>quit

Do you want to restart the system now (y/n)? [n] y

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.