[Asterisk-Users] Re: Issue calling other PBX systems using VoIP withPolycom 501

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Jan 11 20:36:30 MST 2006

This is supposedly fixed in 1.2.1.
The issue is that some companies using PRI are starting their IVR as the ringback tone.
The problem is that asterisk considers the call not answered yet, so will not send any DTMF tones.
Some credit card companies, airlines and AT&T conferencing numbers do this.
They do this to save money.  Their toll free vendor starts charging them for your call after they answer, so they save a few seconds
on every call by not answering right away.

If you look at your CDR records, you will see that those calls are recorded as not answered. (If this is the problem I am referring
to)

I tried to hack chan_zap.c in my 1.0.9 installation to fix this, but was unable to.

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of having a better past.
"Andrew Berman" <atberman at gmail.com> wrote in message news:95ffd4cf0601111456j777f9acbl9ee9cbb9d536c7e6 at mail.gmail.com...
I made the change for the dtmf mode (I was already using g711) and it is still having issues.  However, it seems to only be when I
call American Express's PBX system.  I tried a different company and it works.  Very bizzarre.

On 1/11/06, Jerry Jones <jjones at danrj.com> wrote:
set dtmf mode to inband and use g711