[Asterisk-Users] Re: Nested MySQL Commands

Shidan shidan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:32:02 MST 2006

> I don't get the whole concept of FastAGI. It's nothing special. Asterisk just opens a >connection to a TCP port instead of executing a binary.

Which is exactly what would solve your supposed problem with AGI
scripts, there is no overhead with starting up the interpreter so you
can just write a Perl daemon with a well designed connection pool to
your DB.

I think you are underestimating AGI's power, your application is far
less demanding than AGI's we run in Python with no issues, Python
takes much longer to initialize than Perl. If you are having
performance issues it's probably not the technology but how you are
implementing it

Also the programming model of Asterisk modules is pretty simple, I've
never used the Perl module but that could be an option as well if it
works, I know the first year it came out alot of people I know
complained about it crashing all the time but that was a while ago.