[Asterisk-Users] FXS or VOIP

Jim Freeze asterisk at freeze.org
Wed Jan 11 15:58:54 MST 2006

Hi Bryan

On 1/11/06, Copeland, Bryan <BCopeland at solacomm.com> wrote:
> In one of my configurations I have an office with a digium dual T1 card...
> 23 Channel PRI coming in on port 1... Coastcom mux on port2 breaking out FXS
> channels.. and voip phones...
>
> Initially the plan was to use voip phones and use FXS channels for fax
> machines.. After putting some phones on the FXS channels and some on the
> voip.. I would choose FXS as my primary solution.. The reliability and call
> quality was better in our solution.. I will be doing another installation
> with only FXS channels and ADSI phones...

Wow, that sounds similar to my planned setup. Why do you suppose that the FXS
lines were better than voip in your solution. Your results seem opposite of what
the majority have been singing.

Were your voip phones sharing a network with data traffic? Were the voip phones
of a good quality? Did you have problems tweaking the FXS system?

Thanks
--
Jim Freeze