[Asterisk-Users] Nested MySQL Commands

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 15:01:41 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> jd.... but..... but.... Asterisk still fires up a process
 > each time you make an AGI call in the dialplan. You could
 > still have 120 of these lightweight processes running,
 > in _addition_ to the other process. Doesn't sound like it
 > provides much benefit.

Or, you could have the dialplan pass control to
app_<access_the_database> and have that do the data manipulation,
populating dial plan variables for processing as usual (or,
I guess, performing the routing itself).

No process overhead.  I'd still be inclined to use a pool of running,
connected database processes/threads to handle the actual queries.

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127