[Asterisk-Users] MTU and Voice Delay (latency??)

Geoff Manning gmanning at zoom.com
Wed Jan 11 14:26:20 MST 2006

As an update and back to the original response from Rich re: duplexing

The topology looks like this:

	8 Cisco IP Phones

	3COM 226 PWR-Plus

	Speedtouch 610s

	  SHDSL Line

When I used to have the ADSL modem plugged into port 1 of the 3COM switch,
the port would auto-sense to 100 Full, with Flow Control Enabled.

With the SDSL modem plugged into port 1 it auto-senses to 100 Full but with
Flow Control Disabled.

Here are the results of playing with the setting between the 3COM and
Speedtouch:

Speedtouch set to 100Full  -  3COM set to Auto
3COM port configures at 100Half; Flow Control Enabled

Speedtouch set to 100Half  -  3COM set to Auto
3COM port configures at 100Half; Flow Control Enabled

Speedtouch set to 10Full  -  3COM set to Auto
3COM port configures at 10Half; Flow Control Enabled

Speedtouch set to 10Half  -  3COM set to Auto
3COM port configures at 10Half; Flow Control Enabled

-------------

3COM set to 100Full  -  Speedtouch set to Auto
Speedtouch configures at 100Half; 3COM Flow Control Disabled

3COM set to 100Half  -  Speedtouch set to Auto
Speedtouch configures at 100Half; 3COM Flow Control Enabled

3COM set to 10Full  -  Speedtouch set to Auto
Speedtouch configures at 10Half; 3COM Flow Control Disabled

3COM set to 10Half  -  Speedtouch set to Auto
Speedtouch configures at 10Half; 3COM Flow Control Enabled*

* (This test is inconclusive since I crashed the web interface of the modem.
The modem is located on the other side of the Atlantic so I'll need to wait
until they power cycle it in the AM.)

So if I leave it as is (both set to Auto) then Flow Control is Disabled on
the 3COM switch

If I configure it so the Flow Control is Enabled then the 3COM defaults to
Half Duplex.