[Asterisk-Users] asterisk with an external predictive dialer

mezzmor at aim.com mezzmor at aim.com
Wed Jan 11 13:47:20 MST 2006

Does anyone have any experience using asterisk with an external predicitve dialer, like MediaTel?

Specifically:

The predictive dialer dials out over T1 circuits.

It connects to asterisk via amphenol cable from an fxs card in the dialer to asterisk with a tdm2406 fxo card.

In the analog world, the dialer dials out through the t1 circuit, and the fxs card is plugged into a 66 block so the extensions are basically hard wired. The phone is off hook, and when the dialer completes a call, it beeps over the phone and the agent knows a call has been connected. After the beep the agent starts talking.

So, now I need put an asterisk box between the  predictive dialer with a sip softphone at the agent. Since the channels are always off hook, how am I going to get the sip client to work like the analog phone version? And no, we aren't a cold call spit shop. These calls are for existing customers that own the product.

Reasoning behind this - equipment consolidation and the ability to switch campaigns to different call centers on the fly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason