[Asterisk-Users] Nested MySQL Commands

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Wed Jan 11 11:52:27 MST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:39:20 -0700
  "Douglas Garstang" <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Too slow! We're going to potentially be doing several
>MySQL lookups for routing even the most basic of calls,
>and if every one of those queries has to make a call out
>to an AGI script, it would become a performance problem.
>
> Douglas.

Has anyone yet played with MySQL version 5?? My
understanding is that is now includes stored procedures.
Wonder if that will help things with Asterisk? Send a
query over to the MySql server with only the required
parameters and have it do all the processing for you and
only returns the results.

I know that is a nice feature od Microsoft Sql. But have
not had a chance to read up on the performance of the new
version of MySql...

Robert