[Asterisk-Users] patching asterisk with tzafrir patch for voicemail permission does not work

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Jan 11 09:33:29 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 04:59:00PM +0100, gincantalupo wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to patch asterisk 1.2.1 on a Debian Sarge distro with the patch
> made by tzafrir

from a deb or self built? If from a deb:

  dpkg -l asterisk

> but I still cannot set writing permission to directories.
> I tried to put umask 007 inside .bash_profile but it doesn't work.
> Is there anyone who can help me?

I set umask in the asterisk init.d script . If you run asterisk from the
shell, set umask manually.

A umask of 007 is probably a bad default for root: all files that root
creates are writeble to the group root: this is normally not the case.
Also: no files is readable by "others".

Anyway, you can check your current umask in the shell with the command
'umask' . Note that you'll also see an extra 0 prefixed.