[Asterisk-Users] Failover Device?

Carlos Alperin calperin at senecacom.net
Wed Jan 11 07:19:16 MST 2006

Do you need failover on wich side? PRI or Asterisk? Both?

Straight to the last option:

PRI: the best if you have more than one PRI is to do hunt on the provider
side, so when one is full or down, all calls are going to be directed to the
second one.

Asterisk: Do redundancy, so you need to have a second Asterisk box ready for
failover, taken all the traffic of the first one in such case. You can do
Hearthbeat, or DNS handling for this. I never try to run asterisk in a
Cluster, that can be a third option.

Any experience on that direction???

Regards,

Carlos