[Asterisk-Users] Eid Mubarak

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Jan 11 02:10:34 MST 2006

Mark Phillips a écrit :

> It has to be said that Eid is a funny and possibly suspect celebration
> though.
>
> As I understand it (from one of my Muslim underlings) 3 Mad Mulahs
> have to look for a particular phase of the moon. When they see this
> phase they declare the start of Eid. They apparently get 3 nights in
> which to look for this moon phase. I guess my question is "what
> happens if its cloudy on all 3 nights?"

You know, usually south mediteranean and middle east regions are pretty
dry... so it looks like there is a good chance that you will have your
kebab.

I kinda like the idea of having a huge BBQ and getting your friends and
neighbor to come and it eat. The only downside is that muslims can't
drink alcohol, and how good would that be without a few beers? You know,
the kinda stuff you need to get the goat to go down nicely.

> Another thing I thought about is this; If we could get the Faithfull
> whom are attending the Haaj this week to suddenly apply their brakes
> do you think they could stop the world from turning? Better yet if
> they all jumped into the air at once would the resultant landing knock
> us off off our regular orbit?

No it wouldn't. Even if it was a billion people jumping simultaneously.
Even if they are big 100kg guys, that's 10^11kg. The mass of the earth
is around 6 x 10^24 kg. The effect of a billion people jumping would be
as efficient as a fly trying to crash into a brick to move it...

> Talk about "death to Ifidels"! They could do it in one fell swoop! I
> wonder if Al Quaeda has spent any research money on this?

Oh yeah let them do that. I could live with that form of peaceful protest.

<rant>
Al Quaeda was *mostly* bin laden, and he's probably safe and home in his
rich royal Saudi family by now. They probably think of him as a little
teenage troublemaker or something... he's gonna have to learn to be a
rich prince of petrol like the rest of the family, it must be sooo annoying.
</rant>