[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Termination

Ross C wotech at cox.net
Tue Jan 10 22:18:02 MST 2006

You need to find a VOIP provider for termination.  There are lots out there.
I use VoipJet.com.  they've been reliable and good overall.
Then you setup a new trunk in Asterisk for VoipJet.
The users would need some sort of SIP device at their premises; like a SIP
phone or an SPA-3000 or something.  There are other ways, but this is the
most generic way to set it all up.

So a user at House1 would pick up their SIP phone, dial a number, the phone
would connect with the Asterisk server, the Asterisk server passes the
number to dial to your VOIP provider (voipjet or whatever), and your voip
provider handles to VOIP-PSTN connection.  Sounds like you already have SIP
phones or something setup, so you should be OK there.