[Asterisk-Users] Recommendations on a WiFi phone for *?

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Jan 10 15:44:58 MST 2006

And possibly MUCH farther from the base antenna.  Seems like you'd
really have to soup up your access point's signal strength and antenna
to match the range some of the new cordless phones have.  I can go
further on my way cheaper 2.4ghz panasonic cordless (which, in fact,
uses an IAXy, as Paul suggested, and comes with two handsets) than I can
with my Zyxel 2000W, and I have a 4-foot omni antenna plugged into a
Metrix box with a fairly strong (200mW?) minipci card.

Paul Mahler wrote:
> I would be MUCH more tempted to use an IAXy or SIP adaptor and a cordless
> phone. It will be less expensive and it will likely work better.
>
> Paul

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC
(907) 747-6666 x112