[Asterisk-Users] Second edition of my * book has been released

Paul Mahler paul.mahler at signate.com
Tue Jan 10 13:40:49 MST 2006

Hi Greg,

My book is a good place for a beginner to get started. I also find it to be
useful as a reference for Asterisk. It's not an advanced book, there are
advanced features it doesn't cover, for example AGI or the management
interface.

It should be very helpful for your customers. It should be helpful for a
beginning to intermediate administrator. I still frequently refer to it
myself when I'm having a senior moment. :)

There isn't anything in the book that would make it less useful for the CVS
or stable branches.

The O'Reilly book is excellent. I think my book complements the O'Reilly
book. If I were just starting I would buy both. I think my book may be a bit
more useful as a reference. I think I cover a bit more beginner's territory.

Hope This Helps,

Paul