[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Dovid B. Asterisk Users asteriskusers at dovid.net
Mon Jan 9 22:10:54 MST 2006

Mauricio,
Yes it is. However I would not use analog phones. Your cheapest option would be to use softphones on a computer. If you wanted to use physical phones you have a few options.
1)Get two ATA's (device that you plug in to the LAN on your end and by your friend to the internet). This is probably the cheapest solution. You can plug in a "regular" analog phone in to the ATA device.
2)Use softphones that work on a computer
3)Get a TDM400P with one FXS port - this will cost a lot and your friend will need an ATA or VOIP phone on his end - This solution is howver worth it if you want to connect asterisk to your home line.
4)Get two VOIP phones. This sounds like the most sense. It will cost slightly more than ATA devices but they are much easier to use then POTS phones.

Hope this helps and sorry if I am not to clear in the email.... A little tired.

Regards,
Dovid