[Asterisk-Users] How does the PCI bus effect latency and echo?

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Mon Jan 9 21:22:57 MST 2006

Hello All,
I was wondering, how does the PCI bus effect echo and latency?

I know a large part of the echo issues out there have to do with the pci
bus latency, but are there any suggestions on the hardware side to
minimize this?  For example, a 533mhz vs 800mhz fsb, would it have any
effect on communications?  Even on a low load server, I am trying to
decide if getting a dell poweredge server is worth the effect, versus
using an intel board or asus board.

Regards,
Greg